- Attended Barnett Bicycle Institute in Colorado Springs Colorado
- Specialized SBCU Mechanic Training on Specialized products and components i.e. Specialized frames, Sram, Avid, Roval, Fox/Specialized Shocks, Rock Shox/Specialized Shocks, Fox shocks.
- PARK Tool Tech Summit Training with some of the major players in cycling. i.e. Mavic, Sram, Avid, Shimano, Reynolds, Rock Shox, Fox, Park Tool with Calvin himself. Tutelage under various Mechanics in bike shops in the Bay Area
- Avid rider of both mountain and road biking of over 20years, racing both cross country mountain bikes and cyclocross.
- Worked as a bicycle mechanic at various bike shops. I continue to learn the latest technology of bikes and components through hands on training with the help of the manufactures and my own technical curiosity.
Further back ground, Growing up in San Jose Ca, in my early twenties I was fascinated by the combustible engine. I rebuilt a 302 cid engine in my 1969 Ford Bronco. I continued to hang around automobiles wrenching with some formal training in the automotive industry, spending 13 years as a mobile auto glass installer, owning my business of the last three of those years. In need of a change I was skeptical of turning my passion into a job. I was fearful I would begin to hate bikes. That could not be further from the truth. I am happy I made the choice and look forward to growing the business and providing California with a bicycle mechanic training facility and I definitely want more bikes.