Where can I learn how to ride?
Check with your local sporting goods and bike shop if they are a multi sport shop they should offer classes for most of the equipment they sell or rent. REI in the northern California may be one.
Learning to ride
This is what a typical class may look like for someone who has never ridden a bicycle.
The environment is set for success and fun. The new rider will get familiar with the bike at their own pace.
- Start with setting the seat height so the rider can comfortable touch the ground with both feet.
- Pedals are removed so there is no distractions.
- The rider then places on foot forward to start movement and continues with the other.
- When enough speed is acquired the rider will then coast until longer distance’s are achieved.
- Turning and braking will then be mastered.
- When the rider is confident all the movements will already be second nature. Pedals will be installed.
- At this point the rider is in charge.